[Tutor] Help Needed

Raj Medhekar cosmicsand27 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 16 23:25:00 CEST 2009

I had previously emailed y'all regarding inverting a message input by the user of the program backwards. After much contemplation on your earlier replies I came up with the code I have included in this email. The problem I am having with this code is that the the first character of the message that is reversed does not come up. Is there a solution to this? For my message that I input I used "take this" to test it, use the same message when the program prompts you to enter the message and run it, you'll see what I mean. Also is there a way to say reverse the string in a way so the reversed string would result to "this take" if you use my example? And is there a way to stop the loop without the use of break? Thanks for the help!

Peace,
Raj

My Code:

# Backward message
# program gets message from user then prints it out backwards

message = raw_input("Enter your message: ")

print message

high = len(message)
low = -len(message)

begin=None
while begin != "":
    begin = int(high)

    if begin:
        end = int(low)

        print "Your message backwards is",
        print message[begin:end:-1]
        break

raw_input("\n\nPress the enter key to exit")