[Tutor] string pickling and sqlite blob'ing

Richard Lovely roadierich at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 25 14:53:46 CEST 2009

2009/6/25 Lie Ryan <lie.1296 at gmail.com>:

> Although pickle output only ascii string, it is not meant to be human
> readable at all. Basically there is no difference how it is stored as
> long as what goes in is equal with what goes out. I can't think of a
> need to sort or compare raw pickle data.

But you never know, do you.  I mean, it wouldn't be the first time SQL
has been abused for something much easier to do in code...
see http://thedailywtf.com/Articles/The-Int-Divide.aspx for one, and
I'm sure there's many more out there.  A couple of rough ideas for
usage are already forming, but not to a sharable degree.

--
Richard "Roadie Rich" Lovely, part of the JNP|UK Famile
www.theJNP.com