[Tutor] Gtk time control and Glade

Robert Berman bermanrl at cfl.rr.com
Tue Mar 17 15:25:10 CET 2009

I am writing a Blood-Glucose Analysis application for Diabetics. I am
using Python 2.5 under Ubuntu 8.10 and Glade 3.4.5.

Manually recorded test results require a calendar control for the date
of the test (no problem) and a timer control for the time of the
test(big problem). While Glade certainly supports a calender control
with a great deal of documentation, there is not an available time
control for Glade. Nor was I able to find a general time control for
Gtk. I did find one for wxwidgets but I am not using wxwidgets nor am I
using PyQt.

I am reasonably sure such a control exists. I know I'm not the only
individual who needs date and time controls. But, using Google has
provided all kinds of information, there has not been a specific
statement about any specific controls. At this time I do not feel I have
the level of expertise to build my own control and it is something I
would rather not have to do.

Have any of you heard of such an available time control specifically for
Gtk and available or capable of being used by Glade.

Thank you for any insights and suggestions.

Robert Berman