[Tutor] Python and Tkinter Programming by Grayson--New Version?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Mar 19 01:04:39 CET 2009

"Wayne Watson" <sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net> wrote

> As I wander around the internet trying to get info from Lundh,
> New Mexico, and other sites, I wonder if, in particular
> New Mexico is not using the "new" Tkinter. How would I know?

Nobody is using the new version yet, it's targetted
for 3.1 and 2.7 - both are the "next" releases of Python
oin their respective streams.

But most of the existing documentation doesn't even cover the
newer widgets added since 2.x - and none that I know of
covers Tix at all.

> Still waiting for the wizard.

There are lots of news readers around.
Which OS are you on? There is also the web page which only
requiires a browser, but the gmane archive is much easier
accessed by a newsreader IMHO.

  ================
February 03, 2009
Ttk support in Python.
Guilherme Polo passed along the great news that his pyttk module
has been accepted into Python's standard library. Â

That means we should see pyttk generally available with Python 2.7 and
3.1
(both still in development). Â You can see the current docs here. Â
And of
course, this is something I was waiting for before updating TkDocs
with
Python info and examples.

  Thanks for all your hard work Guilherme!

  and using your preferred news reader subscribe
  to:

  gmane.comp.python.tkinter

  Or on the web at:

  http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.tkinter