[Tutor] Executing a C Program from RH Linux in Python for Win

greg whittier greg at thewhittiers.com
Fri Mar 20 18:51:56 CET 2009

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 1:41 PM, Wayne Watson
<sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net>wrote:

>  Yes, I'm sure I'll need help. I just posted a message minutes before yours
> mentioning I'm willing to try Cygwin. The C program, wolf, is the public
> domain  If trying to compile the program under Win is what you had in mind,
> then I can send you all the necessary files in a zip file. If not, then I'll
> be back to ask questions about what might be going wrong either here or in
> some Cygwin newsgroup.  I distantly recall there is one.

I actually found the code http://nightskylive.net/software/ from googling.
A quick "make" under msys/mingw didn't complete as I'd hoped, so you'll have
to put in some work, but it doesn't look insurmountable.  I think this is
pretty far afield from the python-tutor group though.  Maybe you could try
the community that uses WOLF or the cygwin group?