[Tutor] Distributing MySQL with my application

David david at abbottdavid.com
Mon Mar 23 22:15:57 CET 2009

Lauren Snyder wrote:

> 2. I also like the idea of writing a script to check to see if MySQL is
> installed. However, I need pointers on writing this script and also the
> script to auto install MySQL on another user's computer.
>
> Thank you again for your help and brilliant ideas!
> Lauren

Are these Windows or Linux users? If Linux each distro has its own
package managers. It would be very hard to install and setup MySQL for
different platforms and distro's. An option is to use [0] down the page
a little, or your own remote MySQL server [1]

[0] Database Systems for Embedding Into Applications
http://wiki.python.org/moin/DatabaseInterfaces

[1]
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/how-do-i-enable-remote-access-to-mysql-database-server.html