[Tutor] Using C in python

Chris Fuller cfuller084 at thinkingplanet.net
Wed Mar 25 20:34:03 CET 2009

There's a section in the Python docs just on this topic:
http://docs.python.org/extending/index.html

There's probably also some stuff in the wiki, although I'm not familiar with
anything specific:  http://wiki.python.org/moin/

The SWIG documentation is extensive, and while not the user-friendliest,
should get you started:  http://www.swig.org/doc.html

The quick intro to SWIG is that you create and "interface file" which defines
how Python interfaces to your C code.  In the braindead simple cases, this
can be simply the header files with your function prototypes.  In actual
usage, it's a good deal more complicated, but the SWIG docs show you the way.

Cheers