[Tutor] Updating Python on Mac OS X 10.5.6

NBarnes nbarnes at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 22:28:41 CET 2009

I'm wanting to put together a simple helper application for a game (a
better version of Dwarf Foreman for the highly addictive Dwarf
Fortress).  It seems like Python would be a good choice for such a
relatively simple project, and I've been wanting to learn Python.

But I'm not sure what version of Python to use or how to update my
Macbook's Python framework.  Idle claims that I have Python 2.5 (which
seems reasonable), but I understand that we've since moved on to
Python 2.6?  And that Python 3.0 is out?  Is 3.0 mature enough to
support this sort of programming?