[Tutor] incrementing one minute

Dave Angel davea at ieee.org
Mon Mar 30 18:50:48 CEST 2009

mktime() and gmtime() are not inverses of each other.  The first assumes local time, and the latter gmt (or utc).  So unless you happen to be in England, and not in daylight savings time, you'd expect a problem.

mktime() is documented as the inverse of localtime(), according to the docs.  I'd assume they'd both make the same time adjustments for your location.  However, there's some ambiguity if the time you're looking at is in standard time, while you're currently in daylight savings.  So I'd look for an answer that only used UTC (or Greenwich Mean time).

Try time.gmtime(), and calendar.timegm()