[Tutor] Iterating through a function list

Robert Berman bermanrl at cfl.rr.com
Wed May 20 16:02:22 CEST 2009

Hi,

Given a list of options: option_1.......option_n. For each option I have
a corresponding function: func_1..... func_n. I have all function names
defined in a list similar to flist = [func_1, func_2,.......func_n]
which I know is a legitimate construct having found a similar  construct
discussed by Kent Johnson in 2005.

What I do not know how to do is to call the selected function. If the
index of options is 1, then I want to call func_2; do I code
flist[index]? I do not think Python has a branch indirect construct so I
cannot use anything similar to that methodology.  What is the best
approach to take to solve this problem?

Thank you for any assistance, hints, solutions, and guidelines.

Robert