[Tutor] Find a good linux distribution with python.

Michael Bernhard Arp Sørensen michael at arpsorensen.dk
Sun May 24 22:02:12 CEST 2009

Hi there.

I'm on an eternal quest to find the perfect linux distro to base my work on.
I'm currently running Ubuntu because its told that the Ubuntu creator Mark
Shuttleworth is a python hacker. Therefore there's a lot of python stuff in
the repository.

What distro do you run?

Another point: There's so many modules on the Internet, that it's difficult
to get some sort of overview. That's why a distro is such a great idea
because so many packages with python stuff is included. Could you get any
kind of overview over python modules/libs other than a repo in a distro?

I have concluded that there's no such thing as a perfect distro. Only some
distros come close to perfection. In that case I was wondering if I should
create my own python repo to set up a good working environment for
development. That way I could use any distro. On the other hand, any code I
migth write would be difficult for others to use.

Any ideas or comments?

I use emacs with rope, ipython and python. I like those in newer versions if
not bleeding edge.

Med venlig hilsen/Kind regards

Michael B. Arp Sørensen
Programmer / BOFH
Denmark

"If you want to enter my network while I'm out, you can find my SSH-key
under my mouse mat" - Michael Bernhard Arp Sørensen