[Tutor] A few very basic questions

M Tramp mysterytramp at yahoo.com
Mon May 25 22:18:01 CEST 2009

Alan Gauld <alan.gauld <at> btinternet.com> said:

Have you checked fink? There's a MacOS Gimp toolkit package available.
(Well 3 actually, gtk, gtk-data and gtk-shlibs) I generally use fink
rather than
try apt-get because I know the fink stuff is tested against MacOS. And fink
packages are pre-built usually...

<<<

I had tried Fink, but was frustrated early and abandoned it. I gave it a
second go, and it seemed to work great. I was able to find and download
the packages I needed. Fink appeared to be installing them fine with little
interaction from me.

I ran Eclipse again, but it still burps on:

import gtk

saying: "No module named gtk"

I've tried adding paths to external libraries using the PYTHONPATH in the
properties window. That didn't seem to help. I tried variations, searching
my hard disk for gtk. Found several likely binary candidates, but the
paths didn't seem to help. Each time, I get the same error.

I'm definitely missing something.

Sorry I'm acting like such an idiot

mt