[Tutor] Structure of my simulation / monte-carlo

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Sun Nov 1 18:46:14 CET 2009

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 11:15 AM, Vincent Davis <vincent at vincentdavis.net> wrote:
> Just to be clear,or try, given a set of applicants and institutions the
> Match will always have the same result.

Yes. You have to create a new Match, with new Applicants and
Institutions, for each run of the simulation.

> So when I am repeating the Match
> this only makes sense to do is I am also making new applicants and
> institutions. So I am sampling Match results drawn from a process that is
> initiated with a distributions set at the applicant and institution level.

I don't know what you mean by this. A Match can be created with rules
for its distributions. The Match then creates Applicants and
Institutions for its run, does the simulation and returns the results.
A Simulation also has the distribution rules, so it can create Matches
using those rules.

Kent