[Tutor] can time.time() be reversed so as to get date?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Sat Nov 7 01:59:07 CET 2009

"Luke Paireepinart" <rabidpoobear at gmail.com> wrote

> Where do they use time zones that aren't a multiple of an hour?  That
> must
> be incredibly confusing.

Mainly Asia Pacidfic region. In fact I think even in Australia there is a
difference
of 30 minutes between one of the northern states and one in the south.
Lance Hunt, is that still the case?

The scale of the problem is indicated by the fact that there are, I think,
37 different "official" timezones.

But there are also places which switch timezones rather than implement
a DST scheme. And other places with dual political oversight which have
dual timezones based on whichever political power you are aligned to.
I've never been there but I'm told places like railway stations have two
sets of clocks etc...

Alan G.