[Tutor] class Knights vs class Knights(object)

Wayne Werner waynejwerner at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 18:10:21 CET 2009

Hi,

For class definitions I've always used

class Knights:

but I've just seen an example using:

class Knights(object):

So I did a quick little test and see this:

>>> a = Knights()
>>> b = Knights2()
>>> a
<__main__.Knights instance at 0xb7e12bec>
>>> b
<__main__.Knights2 object at 0xb7e12b2c>

and my question is what is the difference between the two? Is there a
difference other than one is an object the other is an instance? I googled
"python object vs. instance" and didn't find anything terribly useful.

Thanks,
Wayne

--
To be considered stupid and to be told so is more painful than being called
gluttonous, mendacious, violent, lascivious, lazy, cowardly: every weakness,