[Tutor] Local vs global

bibi midi bibsmendez at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 04:20:48 CET 2009

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Dave Angel <davea at ieee.org> wrote:
> Alan Gauld wrote:
>>
> Alan - Excellent comments, as usual.
>
> bibimidi - I would point out that after you remove the 'global choose'
line
> as Alan said, you should rename the global variable you're using to store
> the return value.  They're allowed to have the same name, but it's
confusing
> to a beginner if they do, since you might assume they somehow share the
> value.

Thank you all for the helpful insights. I will keep in mind the naming
rules in Python, so as not to have it in collision with Python's
builtins.

The mention to tidy up e.g. "compartmentalize" code is also noted. I
agree definitely.

I'm reworking my code and will post back.

--
Best Regards

Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach  - "Even a stopped clock is right twice a
day." -
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/marie_von_ebnereschenbac.html

--
Best Regards,