[Tutor] Local vs global

bibi midi bibsmendez at gmail.com
Sun Nov 8 04:20:48 CET 2009

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Dave Angel <davea at ieee.org> wrote:
> Alan Gauld wrote:
> Alan - Excellent comments, as usual.
> bibimidi - I would point out that after you remove the 'global choose'
> as Alan said, you should rename the global variable you're using to store
> the return value.  They're allowed to have the same name, but it's
> to a beginner if they do, since you might assume they somehow share the
> value.

Thank you all for the helpful insights. I will keep in mind the naming
rules in Python, so as not to have it in collision with Python's

The mention to tidy up e.g. "compartmentalize" code is also noted. I
agree definitely.

I'm reworking my code and will post back.

Best Regards

Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach  - "Even a stopped clock is right twice a
day." -

Best Regards,