[Tutor] Iterable Understanding

Wayne Werner waynejwerner at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 15:18:34 CET 2009

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 7:34 AM, Stephen Nelson-Smith <sanelson at gmail.com>wrote:

> Well... what I want to do is create a single, sorted list by merging a
> number of other sorted lists.
Just write your own merge:
(simplified and probably inefficient and first thing off the top of my head)

newlist = []
for x, y, z in zip(list1, list2, list3):
    if y > x < z:
    elif x > y < z:
    elif x > z < y:

I'm pretty sure that should work although it's untested.

To be considered stupid and to be told so is more painful than being called
gluttonous, mendacious, violent, lascivious, lazy, cowardly: every weakness,
every vice, has found its defenders, its rhetoric, its ennoblement and
exaltation, but stupidity hasn’t. - Primo Levi