[Tutor] Fwd: Help on finding the 1000th prime

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Mon Nov 16 22:00:02 CET 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ray Holt <mrholtsr at sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 1:55 PM
Subject: RE: [Tutor] Help on finding the 1000th prime
To: Kent Johnson <kent37 at tds.net>

I hit the send button before I was ready. Here is the code that doesn't
work.
primeCount = 0
primeCandidate = 2
While primeCount <= 1000:
isPrime = True
       primeCandidate = primeCandidate + 2
       for x in range(2, primeCandidate):
               if primeCandidate % x == 0:
       print primeCandidate, "equals", x, "*", primeCandidate/x
       isPrime = False
Print primeCandidate
       break
If isPrime: