[Tutor] Do you use unit testing?

spir denis.spir at free.fr
Tue Nov 17 09:56:23 CET 2009

Le Tue, 17 Nov 2009 08:01:32 -0000,
"Alan Gauld" <alan.gauld at btinternet.com> stated:

Hello, Alan,

> The real  benefits of unit tests are:
> a) You test stuff as you write it so you know where the bug must lie

Yes! (tried to say the same much clearly ;-)

> b) You can go back and run the tests again 6 months later,
> c) if you have to add a new test its easy to make sure you don't break
>      what used to work (regression testing).

Do not understand this point. Would you be kind and expand on this topic? Have never header of regression testing (will google it, but would appreciate you words, too.) (I guess it may be relevant for incremental development.)

Denis
* la vita e estrany *

http://spir.wikidot.com/