[Tutor] value of 'e'

Wayne Werner waynejwerner at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 13:01:46 CET 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 5:47 AM, Shashwat Anand <anand.shashwat at gmail.com>wrote:

> And then i went clueless !!
> How can it be done ?

Well, upon inspection it seems that "The math module consists mostly of thin
wrappers around the platform C math library functions" - one would presume
those are accurate, but I don't know to how many places. You might try
writing your own factorial function that works with the decimal type and
compare with the result you get from using the math library.

If you find a discrepancy I'm sure there are places to file a bug report.

HTH,
Wayne

(Of course it's also possible that your source who claims to have the
correct digits is faulty! See if you can verify by other sources)
--
To be considered stupid and to be told so is more painful than being called
gluttonous, mendacious, violent, lascivious, lazy, cowardly: every weakness,