[Tutor] UnboundLocalError and Break

Luke Paireepinart rabidpoobear at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 04:12:25 CEST 2009

You're using a global variable (playHP) in a function, but you haven't told
the function that playHP is supposed to be a global variable.You're going to
want to change your function definition to:

def monsAttk (damage, attack): #A monsters attack
*    global playHP*
*

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 9:13 PM, bob gailer <bgailer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Something is screwy.
> def monsAttk (damage, attack,playHp): # function expects 3 arguments
> monsAttk(4, 15) # passes 2 arguments
>
> That should raise TypeError: monsAttk() takes exactly 3 argument (2 given)
> So something else is awry.

*
That's because Corey originally e-mailed code that he had already modified
rather than the code that was generating the error.  The pastebin code is
different.

Corey, I'm not trying to be an ass, but you're making it difficult for us to
help you and thus we're less inclined to.