[Tutor] Which version to start with?

Wayne srilyk at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 23:46:36 CEST 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Nick Hird <nrhird at gmail.com> wrote:

> What is the best version of python to start out with? I see some
> discussions on the net about not going to 3.1 but staying with the 2.x
> releases. But then i see that 3.1 is better if your just starting.
> Thanks for any insight on which version to go with.
> -Nick

It used to be that few tutorials were updated to 3.x, but I know at least
Alan's is finished(right?).

The big issue with going to 3.1 is that most of the modules haven't been
ported yet, so if you want to use any cool 3rd party modules you may have
issues.

For beginning there's probably nothing wrong with 3.1, but I think I'd
recommend sticking with 2.6.

HTH,
Wayne