[Tutor] What language should I learn after Python?

Che M pine508 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 6 22:50:07 CEST 2009

> programming language. The problem is, I don't know which to learn. I want a language
> that will be good for me to learn,

Good for you in what way?  Is there a general "good for you" for programming, or do you need to achieve a certain goal?  From a jobs point of view, Java seems pretty in-demand.  From a stretching-your-mind point of view, maybe a rather different language would be better?

> I tried learning C++ and it was a massive failure,

Earlier today today I picked up "C++ for Dummies" for $0.25 at a library sale bin just on the off chance I might try to learn a bit of it.  Not sure I will.  But I'm curious:  why was it a massive failure?

Che