[Tutor] What language should I learn after Python?

Serdar Tumgoren zstumgoren at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 23:25:32 CEST 2009

Well, it's admirable that you're wiling to stick with it and learn
something new.

One other resource that I've personally been meaning to look into but
just haven't had time is Programming from the Ground Up. It teaches
computer science using Assembly language, quite literally from the
"ground up."

Here's the intro graf from the site:

"This is an introductory book to programming and computer science
using assembly language. It assumes the reader has never programmed
before, and introduces the concepts of variables, functions, and flow
control. The reason for using assembly language is to get the reader
thinking in terms of how the computer actually works underneath.
Knowing how the computer works from a "bare-metal" standpoint is often
the difference between top-level programmers and programmers who can
never quite master their art."

Using that as a starting point might help you wrap your brain around
some of the concepts in C, C++, etc. (though again, I'd defer to the
experts on this list).