[Tutor] Memory usage (Lizhi Yang)

Lizhi Yang yanglizhi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 13:47:21 CEST 2009

Below you see my original post.

1: Say I use boost.python.
2: For example, I allocate a big array with integers using C++
function (4 bytes for each int in C++, but 12 bytes in python), and I
use boost.python to call those C++ functions. How is the memory
allocation for that array then?

My last question:
Lizhi Yang wrote:
> Confused. If I create some functions using C++ to load the data into
> memory and use python to call those functions, what is the memory
> usage then?

First (obvious) question: how do you call those functions? Do you use
ctypes? Cython? Some other way?

Providing a short code snippet that shows what you are doing will greatly
help in understanding your question better.

Stefan