[Tutor] Porting PHP web app to Python GUI
dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 14:17:16 CEST 2009
I have a simple PHP web application with a form, which enter the
information entered into the form into a database. However, I will be
several weeks without internet access so I now have two choices:
1) Run the script locally on my Kubuntu box
2) Port it to Python and make a real app out of it.
I prefer the second route, but I want to know if this seems reasonable
1) GUI with several input areas which are analogous to the HTML
Select, Input=Text, and Textarea fields.
2) insert the data collected into an sqlite database
3) Retrieve and display data from the database using predefined queries.
I am familiar with the SQL language, some PHP and some C programing. I
have never done GUI programming other than HTML. Does PyQt seem to
have a reasonable learning curve for this application?
More information about the Tutor