[Tutor] First line of a python program

Mark K. Zanfardino mzanfardino at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 01:05:04 CEST 2009

>From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shebang_(Unix):

In computing, a shebang (also called a hashbang, hashpling, pound bang,
or crunchbang) refers to the characters "#!" when they are the first two
characters in a text file. In a Unix-like operating system, the program
loader takes the presence of these two characters as an indication that
the file is a script, and tries to execute that script using the
interpreter specified by the rest of the first line in the file.