[Tutor] Running Python on a Calculator

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 10:23:04 CEST 2009

Corey Richardson wrote:
> Hey tutors. I have a TI-84 plus, and I am making some math tools, and I
> don't know the native language of the Ti-84, and was wondering, has
> anyone worked with a version of Python that can run on that small of a
> processor? Thanks in advance,

A quote from Wikipedia says:

"""
... BBC Basic has already been ported to the TI 83&84 series and other
on-board languages and programming tools discussed by many include
Fortran, awk, Pascal, Rexx, perl, Common Lisp, Python, tcl, and various
Unix shells.
"""

So, I guess it's a no, but the platform can handle it if someone spent
enough time to port the interpreter.