[Tutor] i can't for the life of me get "#! /usr/bin/env python" or "#!/usr/bin/python" to work

Jason Willis chaoticslacker at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 23:56:39 CEST 2009

so i changed the .bashrc and added at the end :
PATH="/home/compy/pythons:$PATH"  ###which is the actual path to my python
proggies###

and i still get
compy at compy-laptop:~/pythons$ herosinventory.py
herosinventory.py: command not found
compy at compy-laptop:~/pythons$ herosinventory.py
herosinventory.py: command not found
compy at compy-laptop:~/pythons$ herosinventory
herosinventory: command not found
compy at compy-laptop:~/pythons$

I must be retarded. I'm sorry , what am I doing wrong here?