[Tutor] how to read and transmit/send only section of the image (sub-image)

Jojo Mwebaze jojo.mwebaze at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 15:05:16 CEST 2009

Hello Tutor

I am writing Class to provide data transfer between the server and client
processes based on simple HTTP GET/POST operations. However my interest is a
sub-image (section of a full image). i am requesting help on how to read and
transmit/send only section of the image (sub-image). i also prefer read the
bytes (of the subimage) off the disk, without opening the file into memory!

The images i work with are of type FITS.

Kind Regards

Jojo