[Tutor] wxpython question

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Sep 10 01:14:46 CEST 2009

"Kristina Ambert" <krissy.ambert at gmail.com> wrote

> I'm not sure if I could ask questions about wx in this list or not,
> hopefully it's okay? If not I guess disregard this question.

Yes its fine but you will get more complete answers in the wx mailing list.

> But, does anyone have any idea of if it's possible to make a frame that
> will
> latch on to the parent frame (e.g. if you resize the parent, the child
> also
> resizes, if you move the parent, the child also moves), aside from using
> the
> MDI window that's wxpython provides?

Yes, I think so - I'm not 100% sure I know what you mean. But the
standard wxPython layout managers should control all that for you.
Look into the docs for FlexGrid and Grid Bag sizers.

They are probably the most powerful sizers but also take more effort
to use of course.

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld