[Tutor] IBPY: How to use it - interactivebrokers API

Alex Feddor alex.feddor at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 12:31:26 CEST 2009

Hi

Year ago I have bulid simple logic with Python. Is out there anoyone who can
explain me how IBPY interface can be used. I am looking for simple code
sample that I need to insert into my Python code to be able to Buy and Sell
stocks on Interactivebrokers demo account.
Software was donwloaded from:
http://code.google.com/p/ibpy/wiki/GettingStarted

It looks very cools however I do not undestand have can I integrate Trade
function witin my python code. I went through demo directory - api_coverafe
file.  I am looking for buy and sell stock order function. Appreciated .py
example - what includes has to be used , how trade function is look like for
example BUY Ticker: XSNX, OnLimit 0.30, Valid 90 days..

Plus is it IbPy-0.7.6-9.51.zip
<http://ibpy.googlecode.com/files/IbPy-0.7.6-9.51.zip> last software
version?

In case your software is not updated anymore please advise what else can be
used instead!

Thanks for your advise! Sorry for probably stupied question - have in mind
that I am not proffesional programer ..

 Cheers, Alex