[Tutor] Fwd: Executing a command from a specific directory

Ansuman Dash ansuman.dash at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 14:33:21 CEST 2009

Hi,

Thank you very much for the quick response.

Code is working fine.

Now I am trying to validate that the command is executed successfully.
I have written following script to validate the log file which is created
after running the command.

    if os.access("C:/Python25/Own.log", os.F_OK):
        f = open("C:/Python25/Own.log")
        time.sleep(30)
        try:
            for line in f.readlines():
                a=line

            if "Request timed out.." not in a:
                print("Ping is not successful.")
                pLogger.info("Ping is not successful.")
            else:
                print ("Ping is successful.")
                pLogger.info("Ping is successful.")

        finally:
            f.close()
    else:
        pLogger.info("File doesn't exist")

But it is not working, even if ping is successfully it is printing "Ping is
not successful.". Can you please point out where I am making mistake.

Thanks,
AD