[Tutor] Calling VB.NET code with Python .. VB.net - Python integration ..

Otonicar Ales ales at otonicar.com
Fri Sep 18 14:44:12 CEST 2009

The idea is that Python calls VB.net program. VB.Net program gets data and than forward data back to Python for further processing..

One way to do this is by compiling vb.net program to exe. And than call exe by Python code. Data exchange goes via Access Data Base (Python write in MC Access, vb get data a n d than write it to MC access, Python reads final data from MC access). In this case I will need Python command to run exe which is enable Python waiting until exe is not finished..

In case anybody out-there has better idea how directly communicate with vb.net program (exchanging data  with v ariables - code integration)  please send code sample with a bit of explanation ..

VB.Net program is very long as it communicate with external provider API. I will change the program on load part of the code (using Visual Studio 2008). Change will make program working hidden - not visable, using data in MC Access. Currently program works as on Screen program with forms and buttons. This part is easy. Best connection with Python is still open debate ..

Cheers,   Ales