[Tutor] Python 2.3.5 question

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 23 19:47:23 CEST 2009

> Hello. I am Roman.

Hi Roman.

> I bought this book call Python Programming for the Absolute Beginner
> which I am and after I downloaded Python 2.3.5 from their CD,
> I opened IDLE, typed "Game Over" and nothing happened.

Why did you do that? Did the book say to do it?
Are you sure that's what it said?
In programming you have to be very careful over details of spelling,
spacing and punctuation.

> I don't understand any of the programming jargon. Please talk simple to
> me.

We will try, you do need to learn the jargon but that's what the book
should teach you.

If you don't understand something in the book just ask here.
You might also try looking at the equivalent topic in my web tutor
which is also aimed at complete beginners...

When you do post questions here its best to reference where in the book
you are reading.
Also paste in any code and error messages you have - the whole error
message not just the last line.

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site