[Tutor] Switching from 2.3 to 2.6

Benno Lang transmogribenno at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 01:36:03 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 5:46 AM, Kristina Ambert
<krissy.ambert at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I'm getting this error after I tried to switch from python 2.3 to 2.6. I
> tried to look online for what it means, but I can't find any good
> explanation.
> Do any of you guys have any idea what's causing it and what it means?
> C:\Python26\lib\site-packages\win32\lib\dbi.py:13: DeprecationWarning: dbi
> module is obsolete, code should now use native python datetime and
> buffer/memoryview objects
>   DeprecationWarning)

Sounds like the dbi module has been deprecated: i.e. it's out of date,
and contains ugly code that will eventually be removed. Therefore, you
should change the parts of your code that use it. If you read the
error message, it tells you which up-to-date/better alternatives you
should be using instead.

n.b. this is general information; I have no knowledge of the specific
modules/objects listed.

HTH,
benno.