[Tutor] the binary math "wall"

Emile van Sebille emile at fenx.com
Wed Apr 21 18:11:53 CEST 2010

On 4/21/2010 8:37 AM Lowell Tackett said...

> So, I am setting my self very high standards of accuracy,
> simply because those are the standards imposed by the project
> I am adapting, and I can require nothing less of my finished project.

Then keep the source data in tenths (or 100ths or 1000ths) as whole
numbers and only convert upon presentation and your calculations will
always be accurate for the source measurements taken.

In accounting systems I've always keep dollar amounts in whole pennies
for this same reason.

Emile