[Tutor] Boa Constructor list control

Ray Parrish crp at cmc.net
Fri Apr 30 08:07:47 CEST 2010

Ray Parrish wrote:
> Hello,
> I am just learning how to use Boa Constructor to make GUI apps, and am
> having some problem with understanding the list control.
> The list control has a property called columns, but I cannot figure
> out how to add columns, and specify names for them.
> When I click the column property a small window opens up with it's
> title set to col1 something with the word "Name" in a label on it.
> Subsequent clicks on the column properry of the list control just
> brings this little window up again.
> I cannot change the text in the label of that small window to the name
> I want for a column, and I cannot figure out how to add more columns
> to the list control.
> When the small column window is selected no properties show for it in
> the Inspector window.
> Can anyone tell me how to use this control? I tried using the Boa
> Constructor help menu, and it led me to a very brief description of
> the list control, with no details on what it's properties were even.
> Thanks, Ray Parrish
OK, I've discovered the collection editor, and now know how to use it,
but when I click the new button in the collection editor for a list
control, it pops up an error message stating that the list needs to be
created with the wx.LC_REPORT flag, and I have no idea how to accomplish

Could someone please enlighten me?

Thanks, Ray Parrish

Linux dpkg Software Report script set..
things, including my poetry.