[Tutor] Boa Constructor list control

Marc Tompkins marc.tompkins at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 08:29:29 CEST 2010

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 11:07 PM, Ray Parrish <crp at cmc.net> wrote:

> OK, I've discovered the collection editor, and now know how to use it, but
> when I click the new button in the collection editor for a list control, it
> pops up an error message stating that the list needs to be created with the
> wx.LC_REPORT flag, and I have no idea how to accomplish that.
>
> Could someone please enlighten me?
>
> Ray --

I hate to say it ('cause I always hate it when I get an answer like this
myself), but you're asking on the wrong list: this isn't exactly a Python
question, it's either a BoaConstructor or a wxPython question.

Python itself is not a graphics language, but you can integrate various
graphics packages with Python to write GUI programs.  (One package, called
tkInter, ships with Python.)  WX is a popular cross-platform graphics
package written in C; wxPython is the Python translation/wrapping of wx.
Boa Constructor, in turn, is a rapid development tool for automatically
generating wxPython code.

The message you're reporting might be a bug in BoaConstructor (not too
likely), or a problem with how BoaConstructor is installed on your machine,
or...

Anyway, the first place I'd try would be the wxpython-users mailing list:
wxpython-users at lists.wxwidgets.org

I use wxPython myself, and I do know how to create a list with the
wx.LC_REPORT flag, but I don't think that's actually going to help you right
now - you need to talk to somebody who uses BoaConstructor.  (I'm an SPE man
myself.)

Hope that helps -

--
www.fsrtechnologies.com