[Tutor] Executing Python from TCL

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 12 02:13:20 CEST 2010

"Karim" <karim.liateni at free.fr> wrote

> I want to know if there are modules or whatever to execute
> python functions inside TCL.

Not that I know of, unless Google tells you something different.
You can of course call Python programs from Tcl and vice-versa.
If you use the Java versions of both you might succeed.

Or you could wrap your parser as a separate server process
and expose it as a Web service or XML RPC...

But given the wealth of xml parsers available for Tcl I'm
surprised that they need yours...

> These functions should returns python lists as TCL lists and
> Python dictionary as TCL Hash tables.

You could probably do some C level integration using Boost
or SWIG or somesuch but I doubt the benefit would be worth
it.

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld