[Tutor] Tutor Digest, Vol 78, Issue 97

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Sun Aug 22 02:01:22 CEST 2010

Nick,

You have replied to a mailing digest containing five different messages.
I have NO IDEA what you have to say, because I'm not going to read
through all five messages, over 400 lines of text, trying to determine
which bits you are commenting on and which bits you are not.

You have a delete or backspace key on your keyboard. Please learn to use
it by trimming the quoted text so that ONLY the parts you are replying
to are there. Leave enough test quoted to establish context of what you
are discussing, and delete everything else from your reply. We don't
need to see the entire day's worth of emails again, we've already seen
them.

Also, change the subject line to something meaningful, instead of the
useless "Re: [Tutor] Tutor Digest...". Just like the digest already
suggests:
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Tutor digest..."

If you're replying to a message, you should change the subject line to
match the subject line of that message (plus "Re: " at the beginning,
if it's not already there).

Personally, I find the digest setting of mailing lists to be worse than
useless. I recommend that you change to individual mail, but of course
that's up to you.

Regards,

--
Steven D'Aprano