[Tutor] Help with Object Oriented Programming

Tino Dai oberoc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 20:13:15 CEST 2010

Hi Everybody,

       I'm beefing up my Object-Oriented Analysis and Design - getting
the gaps in my
knowledge filled in through the Head First OOAD book
(http://headfirstlabs.com/books/hfooad/).
 That book focuses on Java - is there a comparable book for Python? I
have already read the
Alan Gauld's intro on classes, but I'm looking for more. My goal is to
be able to design
and code in Python in an OO fashion exploiting the OO paradigm as it related to
Python at the level of  Kent Johnston (hey, if I'm going to dream,
might as well dream big! :)  ).
Currently, some of the things such as inheritance and encapsulation
apply across OO languages
but interfaces (I know that Zope has this) and mixin's are language
specific constructs.
If anybody could point me in the right direction, that would be great!

TIA,
Tino