[Tutor] Pyserial and invalid handle

Terry Carroll carroll at tjc.com
Fri Dec 3 01:26:58 CET 2010

On Wed, 1 Dec 2010, Walter Prins wrote:

> But whatever the case may be, suffice it to say I've reproduced your issue
> on my Win7 64bit box, and then resolved it by installing the PyWin32
> modules.

I'd like to put in a plug for Activestate Python here.  Activestate has a
free distribution of Python for Windows that not only includes the basic
Python program and libraries, but also commonly used extras including the
Win32 modules.

I've always used Activestate Python from the start, and recommend it.

They have distributions for both Python 2 and 3, each both in 32-bit and
64-bit.

http://www.activestate.com/activepython/downloads

I have no association with Activestate, I'm just a satisfied customer.
Well, not even a customer.  I'm a satisfied freeloader.