[Tutor] using a networked data file

Bill Allen wallenpb at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 04:23:18 CET 2010

This is somewhat non-Python specific   I have an idea for a Python
application that I want to write at work.  The application needs to have a
data file be available to multiple users for access, read and write.   I
know that a typical database, such as mysql, would work ok.   However, I am
trying to keep managed infrastructure down to a minimum so I am considering
using sqlite instead.   Since there is not a database service running to
handle requests to the sqlite database, how can I allow for multiple people
trying to use this database at the same time?  Is this practical?

Thanks,
Bill Allen