[Tutor] Choice of Python

Marc Tompkins marc.tompkins at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 18:46:36 CET 2010

I love, love, love me some Python - it fits the way I think better than any
other language I've used - but there is one consideration that occurs to me:
Python is nearly ubiquitous on Linux/Mac, and easy to download and install
on Windows - but most bargain-basement Web hosts don't support it (I'm
looking at YOU, GoDaddy.)

If you're using a premium hosting company ("premium" doesn't necessarily
mean "extremely expensive", but you do need to compare hosting plans), or if
you plan on hosting your site yourself, then I would absolutely recommend
Python (with or without Django or what-have-you) for Web development... but
if you plan on using GoDaddy, stick with PHP.