[Tutor] Variable: From input and output

ssiverling ssiverling at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 19:19:49 CET 2010

Greetings,

So I want to learn assembly.  However, it can take a experienced C
programmer a year to learn assembly.  With me it might take longer.  One
thing I was reading is that alot of the tutorials assume prior programming
experience.  So I figure I would go with an easier language.  So I looked up
the MIT's opencourseware.

So they are using python for their assignments.
http://ocw.mit.edu/NR/rdonlyres/Electrical-Engineering-and-Computer-Science/6-00Fall-2008/EEEEAE23-29F5-4F88-9CF3-3E7A668C9846/0/pset0.pdf
One of their assignments  is to create a program that asks first name, and
last name then puts them together.  I could program it too ask the name,
then just program it with my name but that wouldn't be a quality job.

So I have been working on this example for a little while.  I looked for the
answer before posting.  I tried to use two raw inputs, then use
sys.stdout.write, to add them together.  However I think I might need to use
a variable.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you in advance.