[Tutor] Closing a matplotlib window after show()

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 8 20:54:27 CET 2010

When I installed matplotlib2.5 on my W7 machine last were a few error
msgs about missing about missing files. Is that usual for matplotlib.
BTW, I've posted details of my problem to the MPL list. Here I'm
interested in the basic of install and use with IDLE, and not the
details of the use of MPL. Supposedly an uninstall is provided by a
Python setup tool. I hae not used it yet.

The basic problem is the show(). One person checked out the examples I
provided and found show() to operate fine. On my XP machine the program
I'm modifying has plot code someone put in a year or two ago, and it all
works fine. My code produces the desired plot, but gets hung up on show().

--
"Crime is way down. War is declining. And that's far from the good
news." -- Steven Pinker (and other sources) Why is this true, but yet