[Tutor] Needleman-Wunsch algorithm

Wayne Werner waynejwerner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 22:51:16 CET 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 3:29 PM, invincible patriot <
invincible_patriot at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  hi
> i hope every one knows about the needleman wunsch algo

Never heard of it

> i am trying to do the same task,
> can some one give me an outline as to how should i start after taking 2
> input strings from the user.

Where do you think you should start? Perhaps if you explain the algorithm
you'll get some ideas about where to start...

To be considered stupid and to be told so is more painful than being called
gluttonous, mendacious, violent, lascivious, lazy, cowardly: every weakness,
every vice, has found its defenders, its rhetoric, its ennoblement and
exaltation, but stupidity hasn’t. - Primo Levi