[Tutor] Compile py to exe in ubuntu

Andreas Kostyrka andreas at kostyrka.org
Thu Feb 11 15:57:32 CET 2010

Am Donnerstag, 11. Februar 2010 15:42:31 schrieb Harya Dananjaya:
> On 11/02/10 17:47, Timo wrote:
> > I use py2exe to compile my Python/PyGTK application.
> > I build it on my Windows XP machine and it works on Windows 2000 to
> > Windows 7 without installing anything else (like Python).
> >
> > Try GUI2exe for a nice graphical interface.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Timo
>
> Yupe, I have a windows,
> after I using py2exe, the compilation is success,
> but when I run the *.exe,
> some error generated :

> RuntimeError: Could not find the matplotlib data files

What's so hard? It's a plain text error message.

So obviously (for people with at least two working brain cells, sorry could
not resist), you need to include these too (or matplotlib will not work with
py2exe, depending how it accesses these files I guess).

So google searches that I'd consider:

matplotlib py2exe
py2exe including datafiles

Andreas