[Tutor] The Order of Imports and install order of modules and other matters (XP vs W7, ...)

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 13 04:55:43 CET 2010

There seems to be something of a general consensus in ordering import
statements. Something like standard library imports first. When using
tools like matlablib or tkinter (maybe), must one keep an order among
the relevant imports?

Related to this is the order in which modules are installed. Does it
make a difference?

Finally, I'm in the process of moving Python code from XP to Win7. I
just grabbed all the install files I have from XP, and executed them on
W7. Everything seems to be working as expected, but one strange thing
happened with scipy. It produced a warning about something like "unable
to provide key".  I continued anyway. All seems well. Was I supposed to
use some W7 version of the "XP" files? This is anomaly 1.

OK, this the last one. In both XP and W7, I've found executing a program
by use of the py file (not IDLE. Is there a name for this method?) using
numpy that  see early on in the DOS-like window (is there name for it
too?) it's complaining (alerting me) about deprecations and some use of
a numpy test. What's that about? This is anomaly 2.
--
"Crime is way down. War is declining. And that's far from the good
news." -- Steven Pinker (and other sources) Why is this true, but yet